Whisky Rover Archive

 Why would anyone want to read this stuff?

This Whisky Rover blog was merged into Malt in 2017 and then we embarked on an amazing voyage as it propelled to heights that I would have laughed at. Still, we kicked ass and never sold out for freebies or commission – not many can say that nowadays.

Then, in true Black Sabbath style, imploded after the actions of one person. That’s life and sometimes you make a deal with the devil and regret it. Things move on and there have been some questions as to what happens to my ‘efforts’ in this Whisky Rover guise or the post-2017-2021 period.

Well, I’ve revived this blog just to keep the pre-merger stuff alive from 2017. A nice simple move and to be honest, the work here isn’t all great and I should do a director’s cut, or go touch up things, but I’m not going to.

So, questions?

What happened to the Malt juggernaut?

-          Go read my tweet and replies.

What’s happening to your 2017-2021 efforts?

-          No plans as of yet. They are archived and I’ll probably make them available as a complete download or something like that. Put on the rose-tinted glasses and relive those days…

Will you write again?

-          I’ve been quite humbled by this and how many were ‘influenced’ (I hate that phrase) by some of my ramblings. It’s been fun. But I don’t intend to reinvent myself as Whisky Rover or something else. I want to enjoy my whisky and continue my own whisky journey, but thanks.

What next?

-          Just drams with my best friend and whisky enthusiasts. I’m still active on Instagram with the occasional review there.

Will there be a Netflix special on Malt?

-          I hope not, but seeing what’s being covered nowadays you never know. It impacted many and became infamous for its honesty. I can look back with integrity on what I did, but sometimes the party has to end, even when you kick the twat out the door. But thanks for the interest, it has been fun (at times) and I've met some good people and also some right bell-ends. Such is life. Cheerio.



Popular Posts