Spirit of Speyside Festival Day One

Good evening from the Spirit of Speyside 2014 Festival. A busy day it has been and if you want to keep up to date with my activities or festival news then either follow me on Twitter (@raithrover) or check out my Facebook page here.

I will write up more in-depth thoughts right here at a later date but for an instant hit try the above options. Today, after arriving I checked out the Glenlivet festival edition and felt £200 for a 15 year old was too much despite it being a single cask release.

Then I proceed to Knockando for a distillery tour with the manager before sitting down for a lengthy tasting session. This took us from the new make spirit right through all the ages (many not available outside of France) before arriving at the sublime 25 year old. To wrap things up with had the mighty cask strength Manger's dram made from 5 casks selected by the manager and distillery employees. A great afternoon.
This evening I go for a stroll and come back with an old version of a Bowmore 12 year old at a fantastic clearance price, before setting off for Glenfiddich. This evening meal was 3 courses for £27.50 and included 5 drams. The cost of everything was probably covered by 1 of those drams; Glenfiddich rolled out the exclusives in shape of the Festival edition, a 1st fill sherry cask and a 23 year old due for release worldwide in July 2014.

After all of this, I wonder how Day 2 will meet the challenge? Check out Facebook or Twitter for the latest - I've already uploaded photographs from the Glenfiddich event, Knockando and Glenlivet to the Whisky Rover Facebook page.

Popular Posts