New Arrival: Deanston Festival 2013 Edition


Deanston Distillery is only a brief drive away from where I live and sadly their 2013 Whisky Festival clashed with my pre-arranged Orkney trip. However the team at the distillery were good enough to put aside a bottle of the special edition bottling until I could drop by. And it is always worth dropping by the distillery with a picturesque setting and the Cafe Bothy serving well priced, fresh and tasty food.


This is a distillery I think we're going to hear more of in the future. I really enjoyed the Spanish Oak which summarised the interesting experimentations going on with casks here. Yes, cask experiments are nothing new and Glenmorangie leads the field; Deanston is doing it's own thing.


This 2013 Festival release is limited to just 312 and this would, I expect, represent a single cask bottling and at cask strength. This is the first ever festival bottling so a small piece of history. And if you ever take the tour at Deanston you'll soon appreciate it has a unique history already, but not just to do with whisky. Now, it is building a reputation with single malt having been mainly used in blending in recent times.


There are no details really about this bottle and scouring the website does not answer any of my questions. So I may have to return and update this as information become available:

Info
Distillery: Deanston
Age: NAS

Distilled: unknown
Bottled: 2013
Limited Edition of: 312 so a single cask
Strength: 57.1%
Additional: un-chill filtered

Popular Posts