Easter Highland Travels

After what seems like an eternity I'm back on my distillery travels. Fife and the Central Belt may have endured snow for the past few weeks but the North West of Scotland has been experiencing a very mild Spring.  Our first brief stop over was in Pitlochry for the tourist mecca which is the Blair Athol Distillery or Bells as its more widely known as.
I did not take the tour this weekend as I have experienced it previously and it is a very professional and fluid experience. The opening hours are convenient with the distillery shop open from 9am, however I'll try do refresh my memory for a proper write up later this year. Pitlochry is a major tourist hub and Bells for what many think of the blend itself is instantly recognisable as a brand.
The tranquil grounds are well kept and echo the picturesque image many have of a distillery. This is a good starting tour for those looking to make their first steps into whisky and experiencing an inoffensive dram at the end. However I was stopping over to quickly visit the nearby Edradour distillery which fits the distillery imagery even more so.

Popular Posts