A Trip to Remember


Several hundred miles later and (it feels like) several hundred malts, I'm back home. A fantastic trip up into Morayshire and Banff; the heart of Speyside. It's given me malt food for thought and enough material for a few weeks here. Yet it only feels like the beginning, at this time of year so many distilleries were either closed to visitors or tours were infrequent, this is the time of season when many get ship shape for the legions of tourists who will start visiting Scotland shortly.


I am fortunate to live with all of this malt on my doorstep, so we'll be journeying through a few distilleries including Dallas Dhu as I update this blog, hopefully you'll enjoy the tour! Meanwhile, before the Scotland rugby match kicks off, here are the bottles I purchased myself. Some are for guests who want to drop by and relax, others for the Angels' Share initiative.


Yes, I succumbed to temptation on occasion and indulged at the hotel bars, but there was so much more including the Glenlivet 70, on show at Gordon & MacPhail for a reasonable... Ah yes, these were bargain bin purchases in comparison, the most being £110 for a bottle of, well see if you can recognise any of the bottles on this post. And yes I bought a blend with character!





Popular Posts