Arriving This Week

Sunday, June 13, 2010


Arriving this week will be the latest release from the impressive Masters of Cinema blu ray line. Profound Desires of the Gods (1968) will be a new experience for me. Having championed Japanese cinema amongst friends it’s always surprising to find something new out there. While familiar with the efforts of Imamura-san, this film has avoided my eyes and I did miss the chance to see the director in person at an earlier Edinburgh Film Festival. Oh, what a disappointment this year’s festival line up is! The new director seems intent of courting Hollywood and shredding the festival into convenient niche genre offerings.

I’ll perhaps post my thoughts later this week on the blu ray. The World Cup is already limiting my viewing opportunities and yes, regret has sunk in regarding wasted hours on boring encounters. Gamestyle has also been a major focus of late although I don’t have anything on the horizon now. I’m thankful for the opportunity to catch up with RDR but even then I’m slowly dipping in and out of my own Western.

Shamefully my own library of MOC blu ray release is not yet complete. I do need to go back and plug those gaps with Soul Power and the NASA offering attractively priced. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images