New Year Lark

Monday, December 31, 2007

Like many people I know, this New Year's Eve will be a quiet one. Working in central Edinburgh you get to see the preparations for the street party in advance, and some of the atmosphere brewing.

The most enjoyable part for me is walking down the roads taking all of the activity in, and not needing to worry about the an oncoming bus. I'm probably not alone in the fact that I have no intension of doing the street party again. After the mental night that was the millenium, I don't feel any need to go back. Yes, it quite often gets called off due to the weather (heavy rain tonight no less) but it is a real tourist attraction. Relieved is the word, when I get the train out off the city.

First footing isn't really something I've seen taking place outside of the Highlands, although it would be a good way to commence the year. Instead my own routine has been built up around Only An Excuse and the Jools Holland event. Still, whatever your plans, keep warm, keep safe and drink in moderation and don't drive if you do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images