Ch-Ch-Changes

Monday, August 28, 2006

So the news is that Dean has persuaded me to come back onto GS in some capacity to help out backstage. Until my exam in October I don't really want to commit or make false promises - we'll see how it goes - and of course other things must come first as well.

In a way it's good to be involved to some degree, as I don't think since the relaunch things have gone to plan, and now I do have some influence. There are enough 360 and DS reviews but little else besides. I won't be able to romp through games as I used to, but my more eclectic taste (for PS2 titles) should provide some needed variety. Previews are easy enough, and if I can think of a worthwhile feature topic it'll be done.

More good news is that I had a flashback in the middle of the night, and believe I now know where GTA San Andreas is located - we'll put that to the test this evening.

Digging out the Xbox meant that I stupidly put on Championship Manager, which I've now vowed to hide away. At least I should be acquiring Let's Make A Soccer Team later this week, as a fun replacement. However I should have some opportunity tonight for Doom 3, as I strive for the ending. It's a terrifying game with the atmosphere it creates (mostly down to the sound). I may keep an eye out for the update (Resurrection of Evil) that appeared on Xbox when it reaches a bargain price.

And for those of you crying out about my revision, I have done the first 1.5 chapters and will continue with small stints throughout the week.

Oh and I just finished Anansi Boys, wonderful and a real entertainer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images