Sunday, March 12, 2006

Magic of Joe Hill

Well, thanks to the snow (see below), I managed to finish off 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill, and it is a fantastic collection; showcasing a remarkable imagination. Some of the stories didn't hit the mark with me, but overall such exceptions were extremely rare. I'd suggest anyone snaps up a copy from PS Publishing before they're gone. Oh, and according to Joe's official site he has sold his first full length to Harper Collins (called Heart Shaped Box), the premise being:

"It tells the story of a man who buys a ghost from an internet auction site, and what happens to him after UPS delivers it. Beyond that I’m saying nothing."

We'll have to wait until 2007 to see how it shapes up, but I've already got high hopes for HSB.

Shorts

And as one short story collection draws to a close, another begins. I've finally started reading The Complete Symphonies Of Adolf Hitler & Other Strange Stories by Reggie Oliver. It is a wonderful book to hold, but I'm also experiencing some rather interesting and thought-provoking tales. Already I've read the title story and OPEN which forces you to appreciate those who care for the elderly.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images