Sunday, March 19, 2006

The eve of another week

Sometimes you feel like you are starring down the barrel of a gun before a new week begins. I'm a little unsure how this week will pan out, but there is only one way to solve it. I'm sure everything will come through fine and then we can get on with other things that need to be done.

GRAW is enjoyable but at times you do have to persist to reach the end of each level. The satisfaction of doing so is evident, but this only lasts a short while before you face a new challenge.

At the moment I'm on my own (minus the squad) and trying to plug my way through a level in pitch darkness. This particular mission has highlighted several shortcomings in the game; firstly there is no health replenishment. Now, I know this is not Halo, but a real life wannabe simulation however on the level in question you do go past some tents clearly marked as first aid. Yet you cannot duck inside and tend to your wounds (like any human soldier would do) and the checkpoints (although welcome) maintain your health level when you return to the game. So if you are in the red, the best option is to restart the whole level again. Little things such as these let the tremendous work done by Ubisoft down overall.

As its been payday weekend (a bit earlier than usual which will spell trouble come three weeks) M has been treated and deserves to be. I think I'll just go for a book via Ebay this week. I have my eye on a book from Gary A Braunbeck, which is a limited 500 release chap book. At only 19 pages it won't take long to digest, but I'm sure it will be a nice item and an author I've heard good things about.

Killing In The Name Of

I'm sure I get some strange looks in Tesco's/Sainsbury's etc when I'm reading the labels on the back of food products. I do find it madness that folk do not take more care on what they are putting into their bodies. By reading such labels you do come across amazing levels of salt, hydroginated fat, sugar or other rubbish. I guess also working in the profession I do, you become more aware of health issues and the impact of not keeping care of yourself (or family) can do.

Even things such as milk or chicken have become so mass produced that they no longer have the nutritional value they once did decades ago. The organic choice is more expensive, but in return you are not only getting more taste but less muck.

I know M and myself both agree when the patter of tiny feet does come into the household (not for a few years yet), processed rubbish will not go anywhere near the infant.

Today's Picture

Is one of the few reasons to visit Dunfermline; it's Abbey. Linked with Robert The Bruce, the real fantastic bit is standing in the ancient end of the Abbey, which is just before the area which is used for day to day stuff. Stone buildings such as this have a real atmosphere and cool temperature - so check it out if you're nearby.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images