Monday, March 06, 2006

20th Century Ghosts

That's an enjoyable day almost at an end. It's been too eventful to probably capture here entirely but I did manage to get some reading done!

Not only the previous post but almost a couple of shorts from 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill and Black Juice (forgetting the author at the moment). Yet the collection from Joe Hill continues to amaze, as Last Breath (only 9 pages in length) shows more imagination and skill than most other shorts I've read recently.

I've also jumped into Changing of Faces by Tim Lebbon which is another release from PS Publishing and the first 30 pages have been excellent - as was the introduction. Also plucked from the book chest is Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke a release I've had for a while and should have read ages ago according to many. It clocks in at around a thousand pages - so my travelling is well covered for the foreseeable future.

On the house front for those following the tale, we've decided to look at a part exchange as this overcomes some issues and saves some cash along with pressure. It will probably be the end of the week before we know the outcome, but I'm hopeful at the moment. It might mean I have to cut down on the books - but I may just start reviewing them perhaps?

Speaking of reviewing I've been thinking about the Gamestyle when it relaunches - will I really have the time or money to start reviewing games again? There may be the odd exception, but I reckon I will follow the editing and news route, with the odd feature as I tend to write those on request for GSO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images